It was located instead of the Cathedral of Caracas, the Museo Sacro it’s a carefully restored old colonial house transformed into an art museum. It was constructed in 1884, as the headquarters for the Colegio Episcopal, on what was once the Cemetery of the Canons.
This museum displays a modest but carefully selected collection of Venezuelan religious art, mainly from the colonial times. The collection includes paintings, carvings, furniture and objects of worship, which have come from different convents and chapels from around the city.
The Museo Sacro also stages concerts and recitals, and has a delightful cafe inside a former chapel of the adjacent cathedral.
Address: Plaza Bolívar, de La Torre a Gradillas.
Metro estation: Capitolio.
Phone: +58 2 861 6562 / 863 0337